ZUO’s Majorca Daybed win’s prestigious ASID California North -Best Product Design Award!
ZUO, an international lifestyle brand, won the prestigious American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) - California North 2017 Best Product Design Award, for their Majorca Outdoor Daybed. Winners were announced during the chapters Design Excellence Award Event at The Ram’s Gate Winery, Sonoma CA.
Each year ASID National Chapters honors members and industry partners with design awards, celebrating numerous categories in design excellence for Interior Design projects including, merchandised displays and manufactures design products.
The Design Excellence Awards were judged by ASID - California North past Presidents, and past board members from San Diego, New Jersey and Seattle Chapters. The judging criteria included project scope, renovation or new construction process, whether the project was team based vs sole individual, any sustainable or eco-friendly considerations. In addition, consideration is made on how the project was implemented, number of persons/ companies involved, length of project, hurtles or challenges, detailed concept statement, and finally before and after pictures.
- Best Sustainable Interior Design Project: (Residential or Commercial)-Adeeni Design Group
- Commercial: (Over 3,000sq/ft)-Antonio Martins Interior Design Inc
- Commercial: (Under 3,000 sq/ft)-Melinda Mandell Interior Design
- Residential: (New Construction Over 3,000 sq/ft)-Jennifer Nagle Interior Design
- Residential: (Renovation Under 3,000 sq/ft)-Sawyers Design
- Residential: (Renovation Over 3,000 sq/ft)-Antonio Martins Interior Design Inc
- Residential: (Kitchen Under 200 sq/ft)-Artistry InForms
- Residential: (Kitchen Over 200 sq/ft)- Kathleen Burke Design, Inc.
- Residential: (Bathroom Under 80 sq/ft)-Kathleen Burke Design, Inc.
- Residential: (Bathroom Over 80 sq/ft)-Studio SHK- Sherry Hope-Kennedy
- Residential: (Single Residential Space in the Public Domain-Living Room, Dining Room)-Cathleen Gouveia Design
- Residential: (Single Residential Space in the Private Bedroom, Playroom Domain)-Niche Interiors
- Residential: (Designer Showcase Room Design)-Studio SHK- Sherry Hope-Kennedy
- Residential: (Modest Budget / Big Impact Under $75k)-Kelly Tivey
- Ones To Watch – (Emerging Professional)-Chris M. Shields Interior Design
- Student: (Best of Commercial)-UC Berkeley Extension- Parinaz Honarpisheh
- Industry Partner: (Best Product Design)-ZUO Project: Majorca Daybed
Serena Martin, ZUO’s Marketing Coordinator said, “Growing our business with ASID has helped us with brand exposure, and meeting clients that live in the Bay Area. This week we participated in the Design Excellence Event in beautiful Sonoma and to our happy surprise and we won this year’s Best Product Design Award for the Majorca Daybed.” Martin continued, “This design offers an inspired resort style daybed, for anyone to enjoy. I was truly honored to accept on behalf ZUO.”
ASID or The American Society of Interior Designers; is a non-profit organization and the design industry’s only association representing all sectors of design, delivering members more than professional credibility. Connecting members and industry partners to a network of peers, designers, educators with community involvement and events across the country. ASID organization offers professional interior designers, education, training, business support and advocacy to more than 36,000 members nationwide. ASID is committed to leading research initiatives in the industry and provides networking opportunities and support on 48 chapters national and local levels through in the United States and Canada. For more information about ASID - California North Chapter https://can.asid.org/